Sunday, December 3, 2023

Christmas Meadows Tree Hunt

Our Christmas tree collection day was Wednesday, 22 November. I never thought I'd be a get-a-Christmas-tree-before-Thanksgiving kind of girl, but I love that fresh trees can last that long (and well into January even!) and I also love that we had Christmas meadows to ourselves (oh how I love the quiet woods!). We had a great time tromping through (just enough) snow and finding our perfect tree (I think we're getting better every year!) and finishing up our outing at Wendy's in Evanston for lunch. Traditiooooon! Tradition!






Cal and Sam (and even I!)
took turns sawing this year.










Ah! It was glorious!









Gregg is getting speedy at the tiedown part!


It was maybe the busiest Wendy's stop we've ever had here,
but we got our food eventually. (So much for no people -
but at least we had no people in the woods and lots of people
in the restaurant.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment