Sunday, December 3, 2023

Thanksgiving Day in the Morning (and all day)

Sam wanted to run the 5K in the Eden Thanksgiving Turkey Trot again this year, and he talked Gregg into running with him again, so we had a brisk morning of exercise and fresh air before our Thanksgiving feast #2. It's a fun tradition that I'm happy to add to our arsenal.

My friend Jenny was there and took this pic
of our family and I love our faces, but what the
heck am I doing with my legs?! Embarrassing!
(I promise I didn't need to go to the bathroom!)

Boys are ready to run!

Cal and I enjoyed the walk version of the course.

They were so speedy!

This was Gregg's view the whole race!

We barely got back to the church (for the mile walk)
and the guys were coming around the corner
finishing up their 5K!




Cal and I cut off half a block of our walk
 so we could hurry to the finish
line and get a good view as they came through.






He is speed!




After showers and loading all our food contributions into the car, we headed north to Providence to spend the day with the Elwoods. Cal had my phone in the back seat on our drive. I thought she was playing Wordle and her other fave games, but this is what I found when I got the phone back:

















And then I didn't take any other pictures the rest of the day, so again, I'm thankful for family members who did snap some pics, so I can steal them and use them here:

Everybody loves my cousin Peter!

Yum!

My other favorite Thanksgiving movement
tradition: HORSE - but we play it as some
Thanksgiving-themed word. And I can't even
remember what we chose this year!
(That's what I get for posting this in February!
Doh!)

Grandma snuggles! Aren't they the cutest?!

No comments:

Post a Comment