Sunday, December 10, 2023

Nativities

Last year we enjoyed a fun Community Nativity Display event at the library in December, complete with music by local people who shared their talents for everyone there. So this year we were looking forward to going and perusing again. Then we got a sign up sheet in church asking for people to share their nativities and Sam whispered to me as the sheet went around the primary room that he wanted to make one and display it, too. So he did! He made it out of LEGO (of course), and Cal finished her felt ornament that she had started a couple years ago, and I brought the Amish-made one that Kim and Paul gave us from their mission, and we set them up on the table in the library on 9 December along with nativities from other community members and from around the world. What a fun tradition I'm glad to be a part of!



These were some cute puppets on the touchable table
for the kids.

And this one made of felt was adorable.

And I love the block ones, too.

Since I love nativities and we have so many, I thought it would be fun to document our own nativity display at home.

I was excited and surprised to find that puzzle nativity in the center
in my box of nativities. I had forgotten that Ky gave it to me for
Christmas last year! A gift that delighted me twice!

Here's Sam's LEGO nativity close up.

And here's Cal's finished felt nativity ornament.

I love our advent nativities, too. This one was
made by my mom.

And Laurel made this one for us, after the one
that their family grew up with.

I was reading and participating in an advent study of Bitter and Sweet by Tsh Oxenreider with the Mama Book Club at Read Aloud Revival. Each day also had a painting or art piece linked to it, and I saved some of my favorites. Aren't these cool?











And of course, I love books about the nativity. We own a few, and my favorite is probably The Friendly Beasts illustrated by Tomie dePaola, but I always like to check some out at the library, too. (I know you're shocked!)

These are wonderful. I may need to buy them someday.

And this was fun! We learned about St. Francis as part
of Christmas school, and he is credited as the first person
to have a nativity display! Love him!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment