Friday, March 15, 2013

Thesis Defense - Check!

On Tuesday, March 5th 2013, I (Kim) successfully defended my Masters Thesis titled "Analysis of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Panels for Bovine DNA Identification".  (Yeah, that's a mouthful.)  I had an awesome support group present at the public presentation portion: Mom and Dad, Kim and Paul, Grandma and Grandpa Elwood, Grandpa and Grandma Thornley, Heather, Kylie, Steffi, and of course, my dishy Gregg.  It was so nice to look out at see so many faces of people who had encouraged me and let me vent and gave me hugs when I really thought I'd never finish during these last 5 1/2 years.  It's been a journey for sure.  But the worst is over (I still have a few revisions to make and all the lovely paperwork to fill out) and I made it!  Hallelujah!

Thanks to Kim for these photos that I stole off her blog:

Awesome cheering section.

Paul and Kim drove up from Salt Lake early for the event.

Text from Gregg to his mom sharing the verdict.  (I feel the same way!)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats again! Soooooo happy for you! You definitely earned this success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! That's so awesome!! Congratulations!! :D And you are looking so cute and pregnant! Congrats on a little "Toasty" as well. : ) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anika. Miss you, too! Toasty's gone through a growth spurt lately I think, so I'm definitely looking and feeling pregnant. Only three months to go!

      Delete
  3. Definately a great moment! Congratulations on sticking through. Now you know for sure you can do hard things! A good lesson to learn for your upcoming project!

    ReplyDelete