Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thankful Turkeys

Yesterday for our first ever "official" FHE with a toddler, I decided to embrace Cal's newfound love of crayons and paper.  So we traced our hands, decorated them to look like turkeys (or just scribbled all over the paper with a blue crayon if your name is Callie) and then wrote what are thankful for on the feathers (and other parts, as needed).  A pretty simple little exercise, but one I think is important.  We have so much to be grateful for, and I think it's good to take a minute to sit down and count those blessings.

Gregg's

Kim's

Callie's

I hung our finished masterpieces up on the closet door where we can see them all the time.  Every time Callie passes by pushing her box, she looks up, points, and says, "Boggle!  Boggle!"  Cutest turkey noise I've ever heard!

Happy Thanksgiving!
And a great big "Boggle Boggle" to you!

3 comments:

  1. I was going to request an audio of this "boggle boggle", but then I remembered I will see you in a week (!!) and can hear it live! (But if you still wanted to post some Boggle audio, I would be ok with that, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great family night Thanksgiving lesson! We heard a great Thanksgiving story from Grandpa T last night that I hope he can share on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Family Home Evening! Great lesson taught, great activity and probably great refreshments!

    ReplyDelete