Tuesday, February 19, 2019

V is for Valentines

As per her holiday-loving tradition, Callie started her Valentining a month early.  By the time the actual day came around, I think we were all fully pinky-purpley-heartified.  It's fun to watch her get into things with her whole soul.  We had cards and cookies and books and parties and treats and stickers and mail and pictures and love abounding for a whole month.  And it was delightful.

Our pantry door becomes our Valentine door
in February (Christmas card door in December,
birthday card door during March, June and Sept -
you get the idea).

We also had one wall in the living room that
became the wall of Valentine love.

Some favorite books about love and valentines and friendship
that we read this month.

This is new: homemade valentines for some (boy) friends
in her class, made one Saturday completely unprompted. (She
delivered them at school the next week (before Valentine's Day)
but I don't know what Beau's and Lincoln's reactions were.)

Sprinkle masters.


We made those swing knock-offs again, and
I think I overcooked them.  But then I think they
got better with age in the fridge because by the
time the last ones were eaten a few days later,
they were definitely the best.

I got to help out at Callie's Valentines class party.
I manned a station where the kids got to try to
pick up and move conversation hearts with straws,
chopsticks and spoons in various minute-to-win-it
type games.  Also, I love that in this picture, Callie
is the only one smiling at ready for a picture.
(I wasn't even taking it - I asked a fellow mom to
text me her copy. Ha!)

All the kindergartners full of sugar and
Valentine's cheer.

Valentines haul from school.

Homemade Valentine "balloons" (Cal's description) made by
Gregg to surprise the kids in the morning.

I just really wanted to go to Carlos and Harley's for dinner
on Valentine's day. So we did.  And it was delish!  (It's been a
long time since we've eaten inside and it makes me want to go
back a lot sooner.)

1 comment:

  1. I knew I should have asked you for Valentines book recs. I was sorely disappointed in almost every single Valentines Day book we checked out over the course of a month. The one bright spot was a cute Cynthia Rylant one that now I can't even remember the name of.

    ReplyDelete