Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gregg's Latest Shenanigans

Kim keeps hinting I should post this here.  So, after a week of hints, I'm giving in.  Actually, I wrote that first sentence about a week ago, got distracted, dragged my feet, and was finally reminded again to finish this up.

First, I pitched an article idea to the NSAA (National Ski Area Association) Journal and was lucky enough to have it published.  In the end, it was actually made the cover story.  Pretty cool.




Then, I was lucky enough to get a short slot (5 minutes) to speak at the Snowcial conference I went to in Tahoe.  Covered a Facebook metric that lots of people are using but taking out of context.  Anyway, here are a couple photos reminding me how goofy I look when I'm nervious.



10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your professional accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I have to say, the first paragraph you wrote reminded me so much of Ryan. Are you two brothers or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! In fact, we're so close as brothers I felt his pain as you typed that sentence. ;)

      Delete
  3. Good grief! I'm shocked, but then I'm shocked that I'm shocked. Incredible feats of professional and personal accomplishment are just the name of the game in your life. :) Way to go, Greggy! That's so amazing! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Gregg! You are published! (Every worthy graduate student's goal.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to wait until after I graduated to hit that goal. Of course, scholarly journals probably wouldn't have approved of my writing style anyway ;)

      Delete
  5. Pup, I am so glad that Kim talked you into posting. This is a wonderful accomplishment! We are so proud of you and this amazing career you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so humble and proud grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  7. boy.. u are so humble and yet strong granpa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job Gregg. I hope you get a hard copy to save, but then again, this probably won't be the last time you're published! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete