Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friday Mornin' Hike

On Friday morning I got together with a few other ladies from the branch for a little hike.  It wasn't even on an "official" trail - though it did start at a trailhead - we just hiked along an old logging road overlooking Minturn (~5.5 miles round trip, 2 1/2 hours round trip, high point ~9200 feet).  It was a gorgeous day and a fun time spent outside with some friends.

Group shot - Kim, Angie, Lara and Cherish
(with really bad focus and framing of the photo by yours truly - ack!)





A lot of the forest around here has been afflicted with Bark Beetle
so we came across piles (many of them) of logs just waiting to be
taken away for firewood (which is tricky since fires are outlawed
around these parts right now).

3 comments:

  1. I often have trouble viewing your pics when they are first posted (which is sometimes why I don't comment on your posts right away), but I saw them on FB, looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange - I think I remember you saying something about that before. Not really sure what would be causing that. You can see them later, though, right? Hmmm...

      Delete