Saturday, April 15, 2017

Kylie + Michael = The Herzogs


We had a fun day celebrating the new Mr. and Mrs. on April 8th.  We drove through falling snow in Sardine Canyon to get there, and it was pouring rain as we walked into the temple.  What a day for a wedding!  But luckily the temple was dry and warm and peaceful.  The sealing was beautiful.  And as an added bonus, former Utah State basketball coach and current radio color commentator for the Aggies Rod Tueller was their sealer!  My aunt Nikie said after that God must be smiling on their marriage to have Coach Tueller performing the sealing of one of the biggest Aggie fans we've ever heard of.  I agree!  Another miracle greeted us as we came out of the temple: the rain had stopped, the sky was blue, and the sun was shining!  We were able to have family pictures outside the temple after all.

Magnolia trees were just starting to bloom!

Here they come!




I'm so glad my aunt caught this pic.



The sun was a little bit bright, can ya tell?

Pretty snazzy lookin' family, if you ask me.

The Herzog crew, minus little brother Elder Riley Herzog
on a mission in Hong Kong currently.

These are my grandparents with their five
sons and daughters-in-law.  I think Penny said it
had been 16 years since they had all been together
in one spot, so high time for a picture!

Callie and Macie, hangin' out during the photo
shoots.



I think they like each other.

Cute couple.

After we had stood for our pictures, there was still some downtime before the luncheon, so we played over at Heather and Terrell's house for a while.  Then we met up with the whole gang again at the church for Hawaiian kalua pork, rice, terriyaki chicken, mac salad and Aggie ice cream.  Michael's dad made a cute video for us to watch and then it was time to disperse again till the reception.  We went back to my parents' house so Sam could nap and Cal could have some quiet time.  We ended up watching a documentary about the Dream Team and reading books.  Then it was reception time.  They had decorated the multi purpose room in the Aztec church (where Gregg and I first met - ah, memories!) with navy and pink pom poms, flowers, streamers, and other adorableness.  They served a variety of homemade cookies (plus oreos, because they're Kylie's all-time fave) and milk for the treats.  The line was out the door all evening and it was fun for me to visit with a lot of our old neighbors and ward members and friends who came to congratulate the newlyweds.  We only stayed for about half of the reception because the rain had started up again, and by the time we hit Ogden Canyon, it was snowing on us.  What a day for a wedding!

The best I could get of these two in their wedding
outfits.

See what I mean?

Just had to document Callie's signature on the
wedding register.  I love how she dots her i's with
a big circle every time.

Handsome fellas.

Gorgeous cake made by my aunt Joan, the cake-
maker extraordinaire.

I really liked this one of Ky and my mom.

Canyon snow, take two.

Long day for this little miss.


No comments:

Post a Comment