Saturday, December 1, 2018

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I was planning to wait till December 1st, but we had an entirely free morning yesterday, and it was snowing, and we were just ready for some Christmas cheer inside the house.  So we put away the pumpkins and Indian corn, dusted off the shelves and mantel, and pulled out the Christmas boxes.  The kids really got into setting up the nativities, and Callie even went a few steps further by designing and creating her own.  I love her creativity and love for art!  Christmas, we're ready for you!  (Well, we still need a tree - but that is an adventure for another day.)

I love that this is one they can play with all month - it was
a new addition last year and I'm so happy I added it to our
collection!

Surprise!  I had completely forgotten that
Kim and Paul had sent us this Amish nativity
from Ohio last year.  But there it was in my
box of decorations!  I was so thrilled to pull
it out and set it up again.

Mantel area looking marvelous.

Bookshelf area looking becoming.
(Note our scripture countdown chain
made in activity days, ready and rarin' to go.)

We used up every scrap of wrapping paper we
had left over from last year, but we got our
book-a-day countdown wrapped up and ready
to go!

Kids bookshelf area looking kute and kozy.

Cal's homemade nativity numero uno - this one
is "an ordament" for the tree.

And a few more to add to the fun.  Callie whipped out that
cardboard one right before the "ordament".  I love it!  (And her.)


No comments:

Post a Comment