Sunday, October 20, 2019

Walkin' the Pumpkin Walk

One of my favorite Halloween traditions is visiting the North Logan Pumpkin Walk with my family.  Since it was happening on fall break, we used one of our no-school days to play in Logan with grandparents and cousins!  On Thursday, October 17th, Callie, Sam and I met up with my parents and both sets of (great) grandparents plus Shelly and her kids and Kylie at Elk Ridge Park.  The weather held out for us and we had a lovely walk around the park looking at all the clever scenes created with produce.  This year's theme was Imagine If, which translated to a lot of movie scenes, but there were a few creative thinkers who came up with original ideas, too.  Hidden in each scene was a small white pumpkin with a pink heart painted on.  That made for a fun game for the kids to try to find them all.  And Callie was right on point with her white sweater with a pink heart on it!

This Aladdin scene at the beginning was done by my high school
friend Katie - she always does one with her family and they always
look so good!

This pigs flying scene was probably my favorite of the whole
show.

Just look at those sheep!  Adorbs!

A cute scene from a local scout group - I think/hope the heads
on the little boy bodies were coming later
(we did come on opening morning, after
all, and maybe they were just behind schedule?) -
I especially liked the ski lift.

More headless winter-camping scouts.

This was a cute one imagining if school was in space.

Candy land!

The burgers were especially cute in this one.  And that
propane tank cracked me up!

A cool under water scene that glows under black lights at night.

Sandlot!  We watched this movie this summer, so I think/hope
Cal and Sam understood the characters a bit more than they
would have otherwise.

More Sandlot.

More Sandlot.

Bob Ross!

We chuckled at that furry furry beast.

This one made me chuckle, too - The pumpkins in front
say "They can't stop us all" and it's about the Area 51 raid.

The minions were cute with their little canning bottle ring
glasses.

Great use of corn husks for Elsa's hair.

I love Hakuna Matata (I used to have a sweatshirt of this scene)
so of course I had to snap a pic.

I spy a heart!

This was clever - Guinness Book of World Records
Longest Fingernails, Tallest Cake and Greatest
Weight Ever Lifted.

Really well done Alice in Wonderland scene.

More Alice.

More Alice.

Off with their heads!

And of course we had to visit all the little photo op boards
set up at the end.

Callie got her picture taken in every single one
(but not by me, so I only have a couple of her).




This one was especially fun since we visited the real Mount
Rushmore
this summer!

It was a fun group to pumpkin walk with.
(Great Grandma Thornley, Maggie (in the stroller), Grandpa,
Kylie, Shelly, Evy, Bradley, Callie, Kim, Sam, Great Grandma
Elwood, (Great Grandpa E was in the car at this point), Grandma
and Great Grandpa Thornley)



No comments:

Post a Comment