Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Song-A-Day Countdown [5 Dec]

This morning, Cal and I were adding a cow to my nativity advent calendar and I tried to sing the verse of The Friendly Beasts about the cow but couldn't seem to remember the words right. A quick google search for the lyrics led me to two awesome discoveries: 1) a picture book illustrated by Tomie dePaola (which I promptly ordered from Amazon for $7.13 - yes, totally an impulse purchase!); and 2) this version of the song by Peter Paul and Mary, who I love with all my heart. (I think my favorite version ever is still the one by Brian Stokes Mitchell and the MoTab Choir (seriously, check it out!), but this one was a delightful little find.)

The Friendly Beasts by Peter Paul & Mary on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment