Monday, April 30, 2018

A Fabulous Friday

April 27th wasn't anything special calendar-wise, but it turned out to be quite a fun-filled adventure of a day.  And it all started with a most excellent suggestion from Gregg when we first woke up: donuts for breakfast!  After a brisk bundled Burley walk to the store, we found ourselves chomping on fresh, soft, sweet donuts all the way home.


After donuts, the kids and I headed to Ogden for an outing.  I had admired the gorgeous tulips and blossoms on the temple grounds on Thursday evening after my session, and I really wanted Callie to see them because I knew she would love them.  So we made a first stop there, to wander around the sidewalks admiring (and smelling) every single flower.  We all loved them!  It was delightful and made me remember that spring is really here, after all!


I had to keep this one of the too bright squints
for posterity.  Ha.





Oh how I love spring!  And I love these two!




After a few minutes at the temple we made our way to the dinosaur park.  We hadn't visited inside the museum since getting our pass, so that was our first stop.  Sam handled the animatronic dinosaurs on the second floor much better than I expected.  Soon we made our way outside where we happened to see some friends, who we explored the park and even picnicked in the shade with.


Lunching with our friends, Elon and Gavin.

Their best dinosaur impressions.  RAWR!

Spinosaurus for company.


The most amazing part?  We were home by nap time (Sam fell asleep in the car in the canyon).  One of the best mornings we've had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment