Saturday, April 7, 2018

Excellent Easter Eggs

We spread out the Easter egg love over almost a week (though really it was longer, since we had a few decorations up for a few weeks, including the kids' Easter buckets and a basket of (empty) plastic eggs, which were hid through the house over and over in anticipation of the big event).  

Starting on Monday, the 26th, our FHE activity of choice was egg dying.  We use the recipe for egg dye on the back of the food coloring box (saves me having to buy an egg kit that I never think about) and the colors turn out fantastic!  Cal and Sam were really into the color mixing (aka double dipping?) so we ended up with a lot of earthy jewel tones (which are actually quite lovely).  This was actually Sam's first time participating in the egg dying portion of our Easter celebrations, and he had a grand time dropping the eggs in the mugs and squealing with delight when they came out colored.  It was adorable and I'm sad I didn't catch his excitement on a video.











They're beauts!
Bring on the egg salad sandwiches and deviled eggs this week!

On actual Easter we watched the morning session of General Conference in Providence with my parents and then at lunch time (between sessions) we dined in Hyde Park with my Elwood grandparents, the rest of my immediate family and their families, my Uncle Bryan and his family (minus Spencer), and my Uncle Dale and his family.  After the afternoon session was finished, the adults (who had children who would be hunting for eggs - if you don't have kids you still get to hunt yourself, married or not) hid eggs around the yard.  Grandma had enough for each hunter to get ten total eggs (1 large one, which contained a dollar plus candy, and 9 small ones, which each had a dime plus candy).  Cal and Sam loved it, of course.  I have many happy memories of finding eggs in these very same spots over the years, so it's really fun and special to see my own kiddos enjoying the tradition, as well.





The sorting game is strong with this one (and her little
brother just wants to do what she does).

Grandkid group shot (missing Nate and Shelly and the kids
because they had to get to another party before we took it).

And, of course, no post would be complete if I didn't include a book photo - here are our Easter faves from our library picks this month: 



1 comment: