Monday, April 30, 2018

Adventuring {April Hikes}

Dry dirt was back at last in April, so we got a few valley hikes under our shoes.

9 April 2018: Pineview Trail, from the Windsurfer Beach Trailhead, a Monday Night Hike (MNH), our first official Valley hike of the season, which coincidentally (or not) has been the same hike on almost the same day for the past two Aprils!






11 April 2018:  Pineview Trail, from the North Arm Trailhead, which finally had the caution tape removed from the entrance.  We were thrilled that after two years it was finally open!  And then we got to the first bridge, not far down the trail.  Womp, womp.  (That's the sound of a sad trombone, in case you were wondering.)  Oh well, we still were able to walk past the bridge toward the lake a little further, and that's better than nothing.



Full disclosure: I did tell them to give me a sad
face.  But don't you think they delivered? ;)

bonus video!

(you know it's spring in the valley when . . .)






24 April 2018: Middle Fork Trail, a MNH on a Tuesday, I guess.  I definitely questioned their choice in footwear for this hike, especially as we climbed a steep sandy hill.  But then we came to the "river crossing" portion, and the wisdom of my young ones came into full focus.  They had a blast splashing, wading, and rock tossing in the little stream across the road.  And Gregg and I enjoyed the peaceful moments watching from the grassy shore.










28 April 2018: Wolf Canyon Trail, a Saturday morning hike for a change.  We've been on this one a few times, but never super far, but this time my friend Erin told me about some cool old machinery that she and her family found, so we decided to try going further.  It was a gorgeous and springy and the best way to spend a Saturday morning that I can think of.

Hiking sticks and backpacks.  I can't handle the
cuteness!







Be still my heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment