Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Back on the Slopes

Not much snow yet this year, but Nordic managed to squeak open on December 12th. We don't have access on weekends this year with our passes, so we had to wait till a weekday to get up there and check things out. The kids were begging (and praying, literally) every day to go skiing. We snuck up on Tuesday, December 15th afternoon to get a few runs in.

It was definitely sparse snow-wise, and had the most people for such a small amount of open terrain that Gregg has ever seen, but we managed to have a great handful of laps off Bridger Lift down Little Bear run. The kids did great for their first time back on snow this season - it was like riding a bike! They picked up right where they had left off last spring!

The only issue we (I) ran into was some seriously foggy glasses thanks to my mask in the cold. I ended up just taking my glasses off after the first run (which is seriously nuts, considering I really don't see well, but it was better than seeing nothing at all through my foggy lenses!). If anyone has any tips (besides contacts/lasik/prescription goggles - I was seriously considering all of those options on my way up the lift!) for how to handle foggy glasses in the cold due to masks, I'm all ears!


I could see nothing as I snapped this pic on the lift!
(I'm really glad I didn't drop anything!)








If you scroll through these fast, you can
almost get a stop motion effect of our run. ;)

Praying for more snow soon, so we can spread out a bit and share the whole mountain with the others. But it was a fun first day!


2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine said to put a Kleenex under your mask and the pull your mask up and have your glasses go over the mask. Not sure if it will work.... I have a similar problem on the playground at lunchtime. I’m going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I am ready to try anything!

      Delete