Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Zoom Gingerbread Houses

Heather came up with the idea to have an extended Elwood family gingerbread house making party via Zoom. She got all the uncles (and their families) on board and set the date for Sunday, December 6th. My mom made gingerbread for all of her grands and delivered it to us after Thanksgiving. I snagged some candy at my latest grocery shopping trip. And then we waited for the day to arrive. 

It turned out to be such a fun time! Zoom was an obvious choice this year, thanks to Covid, but since everyone has their own schedules and lives in different places, it has become trickier to get everyone together at Grandma's house for gingerbread house day even on a non-pandemic year. So this was a really nice way to "see" everyone and work "together" on our creations.

Much candy was eaten and a few tears were shed, too (Sam wanted to eat his whole house as soon as it was constructed and decorated but my rule is that it is a decoration first and dessert later!).

Long live the gingerbread house tradition! (Covid can't stop us!)








A view from Gracie's house.



Grace and Cooper and their finished houses.
Here's Zoe's!
Ours are quite at home on top of the book
shelf in the living room. Every time I walk
by I get a whiff and it makes me smile!

 

2 comments:

  1. Gingerbread house making is my favorite. Gma Elwood really started a wonderful tradition!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative way to make your traditions still happen!

    ReplyDelete