Friday, October 31, 2014

This is Halloween {Part 3}

Call this the flashback edition of my Halloween posts.

I was looking through old scrapbooks of mine (as I am wont to do from time to time) and I stumbled across an old photo and script from a play my friend Gabby and I wrote and then acted in.  It was third grade and we were in Miss Potter's class at Adams Elementary.  She was a champion of literature and writing - it was back then that I said I wanted to be an author when I grew up - and we had many opportunities to create stories and plays and poems.  Halloween was one of them.  I don't remember how it worked exactly, but I know that I typed up the play at least.  I'm sure I helped concoct the script, as well, because I can totally hear my little third grade voice in those words.  Then we were put into groups to act out our plays.

Here's my group:
Brandon Lee and Gabby Farrar on the back row.
Angela Carroll, me, and Chelsea Hutchins on the front.

Here's the script.  I don't know how it hasn't won any tony awards
(or whatever award it is that is given out for stage stuff!).

I think (and Gabby agrees, after reminiscing about it via facebook today) that she was the mom (but we're not exactly sure why she was dressed as a witch).  I think Brandon was the trick-or-treater.  And I bet that Angela and Chelsea were the girls, because I can totally see myself wanting to be the narrator (in a ghost costume).  Ha.  Some things never change.


2 comments:

  1. This is too great. I was just remembering the plays we would do for Miss Potter's class. I know I did one too - maybe I wrote it? I think it was also about trick-or-treating. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather and Terrell did a great readers theatre rendition of this on Halloween when they were here! I remember you and Gabby working on projects together either at her or our house on more than one occasion. It very well could have. Even this one. Great times and memories.

    ReplyDelete