Friday, July 22, 2016

Adventuring {Monday Night Hike}

This is not our first Monday Night Hike of the season.  But I must say, it ranks up there as one of the best.  We hadn't actually been out hiking on many Monday evenings as of late since the heat of the summer finally hit and Sam's bedtime schedule kind of made things tricky.  But the weather on July 11th was cool and perfect.  We packed some tuna sandwiches and headed for the North Ogden Divide right after Gregg finished working.  We hiked on the Ben Lomond Trail for just over a couple miles till we got to a great little overlook spot where we picnicked and enjoyed an awesome view of the valley.  It was fantastic.  And it deserved its own post.  (Plus, I took a ton of pics this night, so it warranted its own post that way, too. ;)









Oh how I love that smile!





My little family of mountain goats.



Gregg's self timer skillz got us this gem.  It's one of my fave
pics of my little fam to date.

We did this hike around the same time last year
but this guy was in utero back then.  Kinda hard
to believe!


I really wanted to post a pic of these two both 
looking at the camera on instagram that night.
But I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
And you'll see why in two pics down.


Ack!  Hillbilly Cal in the flesh.  HA.
(That's chocolate, by the way.  From cookies.
We baked that day, too, since it was so pleasant.)

I tell ya, every hike I have a pic like this.  And it will never
get old to me, this view of those two.



Sassy clouds from the parking lot. Bam.
Life is good.



1 comment:

  1. I love your Monday Night hiking tradition. You're making lots of good memories with it.

    ReplyDelete