Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Vermont 2023 {Sheldon Rail Trail Ride, Jay Disc Golf}

17 September 2023 - The weather was glorious on Sunday, so after we watched my cousin Savanna's mission farewell Sacrament Meeting on zoom, we loaded up the bikes and drove to Sheldon to ride a new-to-us section of the Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail. The sky wasn't quite as blue by the time we were riding, but it was still lovely weather and we (most of us, anyway) enjoyed the ride through corn fields and tree tunnels. We even got to watch some cows come home to be milked by passing under us on the trail!

The view from our parking lot. See those trees starting to
change?

We parked right by this sign for our bike ride. I had no idea
that the Civil War made it this far north!

And right near that sign and bridge is the
historical society building. I love that
the picture on their sign depicts the burning
covered bridge mentioned on the first sign.


Our first (and only - we thought we'd get further
to a second one, but turned around early) bridge of the 
ride.

Can you believe that green?!

We were riding right through corn fields so there 
were lots of these little tractor crossing signs that were
pretty cute.



Almost a tree tunnel (and super blurry
because I was taking it while riding).

Cow crossing sign! But notice that the cows
don't actually go across the trail! (I think they probably used
to and this tunnel system is new)

We watched them all walk into the barn.

I wonder if their milk ends up in Ben and Jerry's ice
cream?




The biggest morning glory flowers 
(I'm guessing?) I've ever seen!


The corn is as high as an elephant's eye!


Biking group shot attempt 1.

This one is better!



When we got back to the condo we ate dinner, and then Gregg, Sam and I headed over to Tramside to play a little disc golf. The sky was amazing and the disc golf was great. I tell ya, this is the life!




No comments:

Post a Comment