Saturday, December 5, 2015

Christmasing {Gingerbread Houses}

It's a tradition in the Elwood family that dates back many decades now.  Early in December (actually, I think we used to even do it right after Thanksgiving), my Grandma (and now my mom) makes batch after batch of homemade, delectable, smells-so-amazing gingerbread.  Then we load up the tables with candy in dishes and bags (some fresh, some left over from years (and years) ago).  Grandma mans the mixer in the kitchen to keep a steady supply of royal icing (aka glue) coming as we assemble and decorate our houses.  This year was especially fun since Callie could do a lot of the decorating (and eating! - that was what she liked most of all, I think) herself.  It's fun to see the magic of Christmas and traditions coming alive again in my own kiddies.

Kid heaven right here.

Gregg was our assembler.

Everyone got to work.

Sam got to cuddle with Grandma and Grandpa -
but next year, I'm sure he'll be a lot more interested
in grabbing stuff.

Hard at work.  Such concentration for a
two-year-old.




Pretty happy about the whole situation, I'd say.



All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment