Sunday, October 22, 2023

Vermont 2023 {More Jay Peak Disc Golf, North Beach Burlington}

29 September 2023 - Back at the condo, we had a "normal" Friday of school and work. The highlight of school for the kids and I (based on the fact that it's the only thing we took a picture of) was a fall watercolor art lesson. Later we played disc golf in the smoke (it was so smoky! It was really weird to be in the east and have smoky skies) and I took pictures of leaves and mushrooms. (Surprise!)

'Tis true!

This is such a pretty hole, just the way the
trees line up and the leaves blanket the grass.






30 September 2023 - We had a marvelous Saturday in Burlington at Lake Champlain. We went to North Beach, to the same spot we came with the McClungs a couple years ago. The kids played in the water, Gregg kayaked around, and I hiked the Rock Point trails. Glorious!


I first walked down to the end of the beach to see what I
could see and found that there were more trails beyond.
I went back to the fam at the beach shortly after, but
later came back to hike on those trails when they knew where
I was headed.

A windsurfer kite stuck in a tree on the beach.
Whoopsie.


Sam was making thai peanut noodles
in the sand out of curly dried seaweedy
plants and pebbles.


I walked along very rooty trails at Rock Point.

There weren't very many views, but the trees
were cool.

This was a little cove where lots of college
kids were hanging out. Lovely spot, I'd
hang out here, too if I was a college kid. ;)

Pretty asters in the middle part of the trail.


The outdoor chapel.

I took this pic for Cal since she loves debris
huts.

And back at the beach - a lovely loop out to that point
and along the other side and back around to here.

Another cool hut pic for Cal.

No comments:

Post a Comment