Sunday, October 11, 2020

Vermont Relocation Vacation {10/8: Neighborhood Walks}

Wednesday (the 7th) was cold and windy and we didn't do much that was blog-worthy (I didn't take a single photo that day so I can barely remember what we did . . . wracking my brain and now I remember that it was school and work and another visit to Walmart for the kids and me to get the oil changed in the car. We stopped at a farm stand for cider and strawberries (I know, not very fallish, but they looked so good sitting there on the shelf) and an apple fritter (because they didn't have cider donuts!) and popped in another shop in Newport that had promise (it was a bakery) but turned out to be super awkward because they weren't really open, even though they were open? I still don't know. But we left empty handed. We wandered into a natural foods store next door to that and bought some cheese and summer sausage. Yum!)

On Thursday (the 8th) morning I took a quick solo walk down the road after breakfast and before the rest of the day began. It was wonderful. Cold and windy, but wonderful. That evening, after dinner, I was itching to get out again (it had been such a cold, windy day that we hadn't been out all day), and luckily Callie was up for the adventure with me. We bundled up against the cold and wind (have I mentioned it was windy and cold?), and wandered across the street and up the road and over to Tramside and around to the tram house and in front of the hotel and then boom! They sky exploded into the most amazing red sunset we had ever seen! It was fun to share that walk and that sky with my girl.

Morning walk beauty.

We thought the pale pink sky was so pretty
that evening. Little did we know what was
about to come!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment