Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Photos from Phones - April 2019 Round Up

Ah, April - a perfectly springy sort of month (once the snow finally melted and stopped falling, and the rain stopped, and the sun came out to green things up)!  We started it off with a bang on our Spring Break Trip to Mesquite.  And then the fun just kept on coming.  Check out what we've been up to this month:

4.4.19
(Can you guess who's faves these were this week?  I learned some
cool things, too, though; especially from that Monster Trucks one)

bonus video!

4.4.19
(she has no fear of these monkey bars anymore!)


4.6.19
(making cookies for Conference Sunday meals - what the heck
happened to that one in the top left corner?)

4.6.19
(another casualty - this one came from poor scooping skills)

4.8.19
(more of those great picture book biographies)

4.8.19
(these ones - all by Brian Floca - were most excellent.  I am a big
fan! His other book, Locomotive, was a huge hit with Sam a couple
of months ago.)

4.9.19
(pit stop on the way home from Winco to stop
and smell the daffodils on the temple grounds)

4.9.19
(it started raining, so it was good I had an umbrella
stashed in the back of the car, if only for this darling
photo op)

4.9.19
(hyacinths and pansies - a lovely pop of color!)

4.9.19
(you wouldn't believe how long I had to stand here
(in the rain) waiting for a steady stream of people
to clear out as they left the temple.
just when I'd be about to click, the door would
open again and I'd have to wait again.)

4.9.19
(did you know? no wonder I haven't seen much about brontosaurus
in all these dino books we've been checking out lately!)

4.9.19
(one of the better ones, at least for a 3 1/2 year-old's
attention span - and he memorized plenty of dino
facts from this book)

4.10.19
(the grand finale of STEM day at Valley Elementary
was an assembly by Scales and Tails Utah
(I got to be there because I was on the STEM day
committee plus I was a DNA extraction presenter
again - fun day!))

4.10.19
(the animals got larger and larger, starting with a tarantula
(that he put on his face, to much screaming from the kids) through
lizards of all sizes, a turtle, a tortoise, a caiman (like a mini gator),
and various sizes of snakes, including this monster!)

4.11.19
(now that looks entirely uncomfortable!)

4.12.19
(I texted this to my friend who had just had a baby
and was potentially coming home from the hospital
today - better bundle that baby boy up!)

4.12.19
(finished!  So great!  I learned so much from this
book about something I thought I was fairly familiar
with.  Definitely getting into the sesquacentennial
of the completion of the transcontinental railroad
spirit around here!)

4.13.19
(Sam set this table for Teddy's birthday party.  As someone I know
(that would be me) says: Be still my heart!)

4.13.19
(Saturday is a special day, it's the day we fix
the backyard fence! These kiddos were great
helpers!)

4.13.19
(and they're adorable, too)

4.13.19
(not the new fence)

4.13.19
(hammer helper)

4.13.19
(finished!)

4.13.19
(and a hot-dog roast for lunch (in the hail,
of course, since that's our April))

4.13.19
(started this one tonight - super interesting!)

4.15.19
(library faves from the past week)

4.15.19
(miss bookworm, Callie June, read all of these by herself in
a week (in addition to starting and abandoning others))

4.15.19
(no one got the memo that this week was an off week for discovery
time, but since it was pouring rain out, everyone got comfy in the
kids area - I've never seen so many people here in this area at one
time before (not all are pictured) and it was definitely cramped
quarters for a while.)

bonus video!

"birthday wishes for grandpa"
4.17.19
(it was my dad's birthday, so the kids sent him
little video messages)


4.17.19
(Cal wrote this letter to Evy - I just love her punctuation usage.
They both get so excited for mail from each other.  I love their
little pen pal-ishness.)

4.17.19
(happy birthday dinner party for my dad)

4.18.19
(the first truly beautiful springtime day we've had this year -
so we went for a walk to deliver our water bill and just kept
walking . . . all the way to the new bridge at our trailhead!)

4.18.19
(the water is rising!)

4.18.19
(sure glad we have this nice, new, high above the water bridge
this year!)

4.18.19
(seriously heavenly!)

4.18.19
(Charlie came to play!  It's been a while since
we've seen him, what with the new baby at his
house and all, but I convinced his mom to let
him come over for a couple hours and the boys
have never played together so well - they just
dug in the sand and dirt in the backyard the
whole time.  It was adorable!)

4.18.19
(Sam tells me almost every day that Charlie
("the boy" - because we know a girl
Charleigh, too) is his best friend in the whole
wide world)

4.18.19
(thank you, giant excavator who dug the septic
tank hole for leaving piles of dirt in our yard
for these boys to make an "instruction" site with)

4.18.19
(snack/lunch time!  on the deck!)

4.18.19
(I see pictures sometimes on social media of beautiful and
mouthwatering charcuterie boards
, and I dream of someday
putting something like that together for a gathering of some kind.
Until I a) get up the gumption to plan such a gathering and b)
actually put a fancy platter together, I get creative with our
muffin tin lunches.  This is my kids version of the elegant
plate, and it was a hit!)

4.18.19
(saw this ad in our Ogden Valley News and
have one question . . . what exactly is
"Mountain Elegant Attire"??)

4.18.19
(another ad that left me scratching my head -
how does that math work?)

4.18.19
(we rode bikes to school, but left a litter earlier than we needed
to, so a pit stop at the park was just the ticket to kill 10 minutes
of time.  It was a most gorgeous day - have I said that already?)

4.18.19
(Another sign of spring: we put up the hammock!
And we snuggled on it.)

4.18.19
(deep in thought)

4.18.19

4.18.19

4.18.19
(Another sign of spring? my chacos are on!  But really, I was
taking this picture to show our new view from the hammock is
gnarly-apple tree-free since that tree got "removed" during the
septic tank situation.  Also, this is a good view of our repaired
fence from a few days ago.)

4.18.19
(bedtime story #1 - love this (and all the ones
I've read in this "series" from this author/illustrator
team - I just found out there are tons more, so
I'm excited to get my holds on Monday to check
'em out!))

4.18.19
(bedtime story #2 - this was a sweet story.
we also love the nonfiction ones by the same author
about how things work.  So far we've read Toilet,
Jet, and Eye.)

4.18.19
(Gregg watched this on a plane on a recent flight
and came home and told me about it and said I'd
like it.  So I found it at the library and watched it
one night while he was busy . . . and he was right!
I really enjoyed learning about Ruth Bader Ginsberg
and her story.  Well done.  Recommend.)

4.19.19
(we were planning to meet Heather and Grace
at the bird refuge today (Cal didn't have school)
but they were sick, so we went by ourselves.
The kids got to check out these Jr. Ranger backpacks
that were filled with fun and useful little tools like
binoculars, nets, field guides, magnifying glasses,
etc.  Cal and Sam loved exploring the contents
and examining ants and rocks and such up close)

4.19.19
(big ol' heart eyes for this girl!)

4.19.19
(and some star eyes for my guy!)

4.19.19
(if yesterday was a gorgeous day, today turned
out to be simply glorious!)

4.19.19

4.19.19
(we saw/heard: two great blue herons, an american coot, a
few red-winged blackbirds, some canada geese, and numerous
un-identified calls/songs of birds I just didn't know and couldn't
see)

4.19.19
(there's a great visitor's center, too!)

4.19.19

4.19.19
(one more stop before we head home.  can you guess where we
ate lunch?)

4.22.19
(this week's library good 'uns)

4.22.19
(Earth Day FHE activity was a garbage cleanup
down our street and around the corner)

4.22.19

4.22.19
(it was a beautiful night!)

4.22.19
(we were quite successful in our efforts)

4.23.19
(a lovely morning for a hike on the North Arm Trail - and high
water!)

4.23.19
(our hiking buddies this morning were friends Rachel and Moriah
(and their baby brother McKay and mom Sariah))

4.23.19

4.23.19
(a beautiful walk home from dropping off Cal)

4.23.19

4.23.19

4.23.19

4.24.19
(this week's art project at Valley Elementary was
about Charles Schultz - the kids watched a
youtube video that taught them how to draw
Snoopy and Woodstock.  I was blown away
at how good the kindergartners, and especially Cal,
 did with their drawings)

4.27.19
(read this one in a couple of days - it sucked me
in and was highly entertaining as well as thought
provoking)

4.28.19
(Sunday sunrise)

4.28.19
(post-nap snuggles)

4.28.19
(Sunday springtime stroll)

4.28.19
(well, we were strolling and the kids were
cycling, and it looks a lot more pleasant
weather-wise than it actually was - it was cold! -
but Eden in golden hour is indeed beautiful)

4.29.19
(another one I couldn't put down!)

4.29.19
(we stopped for breakfast at Black Bear Diner
in Sandy after dropping Gregg off at the airport
for an early flight.  It was conveniently next door
to the ski rental place where we needed to return
Cal's skis from this season and a fun little treat
for some good early morning travelers. And yes,
I did order chicken fried steak for breakfast
(it made a great leftover lunch, too!))

4.29.19
(strawberry french toast lover)

4.29.19
(some springy/gardeny/planty/eastery reads
this week)

4.29.19
(a few more from my favorite book list ever - the picture book
biographies from read aloud revival
)

4.29.19
(snoozin' Sammy - he finds all kinds of positions to sleep in
on the way home from dropping off Callie)

4.30.19
(morning heat vent and book reading time)

4.30.19
(see what I mean?  yowch!)

4.30.19
(again, yowch!)


Every other round up here (whew!):
2019: MarFeb | Jan
2018: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2017: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2016: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2015: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2014: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar Feb | Jan
2013: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June

3 comments:

  1. I think the muffin tin idea for snacks is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again LOVE LOVE THESE PHOTO ROUNDUPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do a muffin tin lunch again; maybe that would get Grace out of her grilled-cheese rut. Ha.
    I'm sad we didn't make it to the bird refuge! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete