Sunday, May 3, 2020

Quarantining - April 2020 Low Down

I know this Safer at Home stuff has been really tough for a lot of people.  And while we definitely have been feeling plenty of the weirdness of it, I can't deny that overall it's been kind of great.  Home is my favorite place to be.  And with these peeps, life is just good.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Here are our April Quarantine highlights:

4.1.20
(first time biking on the path to the Lake View
Cemetery - he did awesome on the hills, but some
were just too big to pedal!)

4.1.20
(Cal prefers to walk (actually she prefers to ride in the Burley
but sometimes I make her move herself to get where we are
going) and Sam always chooses his bike)

4.1.20
(I already shared these art projects on my quarantine distractions
post, but I'll include them here, too - this was our attempt at
salt painting.  You draw an outline of something with glue and then
sprinkle it with salt, dust off the excess, and then let the whole thing dry.
Then, you use watercolors to paint on the salt and it's supposed to spread
the color in a fun and magical (sciencey) way.  It sort of worked.  Haha.
But the kids and I had fun trying anyway.)

bonus video!

4.1.20

4.1.20
(Callie's colorful heart of love was my favorite!)

4.1.20
(I even got in on the fun)

4.1.20
(next up - and I'm looking back thinking I was rather brave
to attempt two "special" art projects in one day - was "cheater
watercolor"
 using markers, a ziplock bag and a squirt bottle.
You scribble on the bag with a washable marker, then squirt
the bag with a bit of water, then lay it down ink/wet side down
on your paper and rub around then lift up.  Again, Callie's turned
out way better than mine!  We had fun decorating some cards to
send to Grandpas and Grandmas for Easter.)

4.2.20
(I can't remember if we finished our first Corona
puzzle - this Eric Dowdle rendition of Yellowstone -
on this day or if I just wanted to take a pic of it before
we took it apart on this day.)

4.2.20
(most of my reading lately has been
via audiobook on Libby - we've been
enjoying the Sarah, Plain and Tall
series, which I had only ever read the first
one before.  They're all worth a read
(or a listen - read by Glenn Close!))

4.2.20
(we got a call from Callie's optometrist a couple
weeks ago saying her glasses were ready, but we
were sick for a few days and everyone was telling
everyone to "stay home if you're sick" so we were
trying to be obedient.  Then everything shut down.
Which was fine, since she really only needed her glasses
for seeing the board at school.  But when they called
and said they'd be open limited hours and we could
pick up orders in the parking lot, we decided to go
for it.  It took a couple tries to get them to (sort of)
fit with Cal and I sitting in the car and the glasses
worker running them in and out of the building to make
adjustments.  They're not perfect, and actually slide
down her nose quite a bit.  I don't know if that's because
they are just too big for her face or if we just can't get
a good fit standing six feet away and through a car window.
At any rate, they do work and she's been surprised to notice
details of the world that she hadn't really seen before -
like houses on the mountainside or a mailbox down
the street.  Plus I think she looks darn cute!)

4.2.20
(today was a "I need cookies" kind of day and Grandma Elwood's
recipe
 (you should check it out - I've updated
that post!) was calling my name!)

4.2.20
(here's a top down view so you can see the pink sides of her frames)

bonus video!

4.2.20
(our friend, Moriah, was bummed to have to turn six
without a party so her mom asked people to
send her video messages and make posters to hang on
her house so they could drive around and see the love.
So we did.  Also please note Sam's headlight attatchment
to his bike helmet, haha!  It has stayed on with just
scotch tape for a remarkably long time and makes me
smile every day!)


4.3.20
(birthday morning for friend Moriah)

4.3.20
(oh what a beautiful morning in our backyard!)

4.3.20
(the seven sisters looking mighty fine on this bluebird day)

4.3.20
(lunch of champions!)

4.3.20
(our new roasting sticks from Grandpa Elwood doing a mighty
fine job!)

4.3.20
(I think I have photographed this view countless times -
it never gets old to me!)

4.3.20
(after an earlier solo-sleeping attempt in the teardrop that lasted
all of five minutes (literally!), the kids convinced their dearly
devoted dad to spend the night with them - it was a cool one so
they kept the trailer in the garage, but a great time was had by all
(or so I heard - I was sleeping soundly inside all by myself!))

4.3.20
(texts from Gregg during the sleepover)

4.4.20
(General Conference breakfast! Cinnamon Chip Scones
and Mini Quiches)

4.5.20
(books are finally coming due after the library closure/extended
due date thing that happened a few weeks ago.  I have 51 items
checked out on my card!  These are a handful of extra good
picture books (mostly nonfiction here) that we especially loved)

4.5.20
(Cal has a pile of early chapter books that I picked
out for her to try something different than her usual
Heidi Hecklebeck or Junie B. Jones (she's read
every one of those that our library has, multiple times).
She enjoyed these ones.)

4.5.20
(Sunday morning session of Conference - we dressed
up to participate in the Hosanna Shout at the end
and that was pretty special.)

4.6.20
(back at it with the home school thing - she doesn't
love it, but she does tolerate it most of the time)

4.6.20
(Sam helped me vacuum this morning!)

4.6.20
(so proud!)

4.6.20
(time to take 'em back!  Now that's a load of
library books!)

4.6.20
(we took a scooter ride/walk along the bike path from the Spring
Creek parking area to the Middle Inlet parking area - we got caught
in the rain on the way back, but a good time was had by all)

4.6.20
(Sam was getting some good practice at gliding with his brake)

4.6.20
(of course we had to pay a visit to the "hollow tree")

4.6.20
(this thing is so cool)

4.6.20

4.6.20
(while boiling eggs for dying I was reminded of
a game we used to play at my Grandpa Thornley's
house with egg cartons like this and marbles -
naturally I had to text my family and see if they
remembered, too)

4.6.20
(I don't even know!)

4.6.20
(ditto!)

4.7.20
(on our walk back from a North Arm hike I just heart-eyed
over the clouds and the barns and the grass and the snow-capped
mountains)

4.7.20
(I heart Eden)

4.7.20
(Cal had read a recipe in one of her High Five
magazines that she figured she could make by herself.
So she did (with Sam's help and my assistance in getting
things from high cupboards)!)

4.7.20
(She learned about reading carefully to know
the difference between teaspoons and cups, how
to adapt a recipe with ingredients we had (lemon
juice instead of orange juice) and how to share
turns with her brother)

4.7.20
(and the final result was a delicious little blueberry
pie!  She was so proud and we were so happy for
a yummy dessert!)

4.7.20
(the "super pink moon" from our kitchen window)

4.8.20
(we wrote/drew in our Easter cards to send out)

4.8.20
(Sam always always always draws a train)

4.8.20
(oh, hello!  There's that view again!)

4.8.20
(Cal and Sam found these old shingles in a junk
heap and asked if they could paint them.  I was
happy I could say yes to so many of their
ideas this week, this being one of them.  Why not?)

4.8.20
(Cal was determined to turn hers into a sign complete
with post and hole in the ground)

4.8.20
(it was the most glorious springtime day (at last!) and I just
NEEDED to have grilled burgers for dinner.  But I didn't have any
buns and I'm not doing the whole, "I'll just run to the store and
grab some" thing these days.  So I made my own.  YUM!)

4.8.20
(ta-da!  She did it! (The sign says "Jungle"))

4.8.20
(she also treated us (and quite a lineup of
cars) to a puppet show after dinner)

4.8.20
(a little after-dinner soccer game sounds great to me)

4.8.20
(effective goalie strategy)

4.9.20
(I done did the mask-making thing.  Just this one.
But I did it.)

4.9.20
(my sister-in-law Lea sent me the instructions and it came together
quite nicely, if I do say so myself.  I like the bendable nose
piece made with twisty ties sewn in a little pocket!)

4.9.20
(I put some birthday money (that was originally earmarked for
new church shoes) to use on some new walking shoes instead.
They came today!)

4.9.20
(also arriving today was our much-anticipated "special Spring
Break surprise" game of Guess Who (it was only a week late!))

4.9.20
(look who showed up in this new-and-improved version!
(Katie and Liz are sisters and Cal and Sam's cousins!))

4.9.20
(and Megan and Emily are cousins (and Megan is my sister)!)

4.9.20
(I'm trying to read these discourses from the book
At the Pulpit and have found a couple
gems.  Eliza R. Snow is pretty awesome.  But it's
hard for me to focus on words on a page these
days (and I'm so bummd!) and I'd much rather
listen to the Latter-Day Saint Women's podcast
version and discussion about them.

4.9.20

4.10.20
(Cal's reading minutes for March (and some April) - she's done
plenty of that, for sure!)

4.10.20
(it was a fantastic afternoon to sit in the sun on
the deck for a few minutes)

4.12.20
(Cal was busy during a hangout with the grandparents - she came
 up with this all on her own)

4.13.20
(First I roasted my first turkey and then I boiled the carcass with
with some veggies and made my own turkey stock!  Feeling super
home-ecky over here!)

4.13.20
(classic fun!  And the narrator for this
was especially great!  We had actually
started listening to Homer Price in
February but didn't get it quite finished
before it had to be returned on the Libby
App.  It finally came back to us and we
finished up the last 20 minutes while
working on another puzzle.)

4.14.20
(Cal wanted to show her teacher her new book
so we snapped this pic to send in her daily email.
Mrs. Anderson writes to the kids every day with
something fun to try or learn or work on and a few
updates from some of the kids in the class.  Callie
writes back almost every day with pictures and
fun things she's doing and learning (and plenty of
emojis).  I need to compile them all as a little
corona journal for her when this is all done!)

4.14.20
(another one done!)

4.14.20
(Cal wanted to try flying her kite.  And so she
did!  All by herself!  (I'm sensing a theme
this month!))

4.14.20
(I finally have some happy sourdough start!  It's actually growing!
(Yes, I am doing the whole quarantine sourdough thing, though I must
say it has been on my bucket list for a long time!  Now just seemed
to be a good time to finally check it off the ol' list!
I started this process on March 31st and it has taken a long time
to get going, but here it is!  My sister Heather has answered countless
questions and put up with numerous article links sent by me about
sourdough during this time.  She's a true champ!))

4.14.20
(I spent hours out here this afternoon hacking away at the dead
limbs and gnarly growth between these nasty old trees in the
backyard.  Why?  I guess because I was bored and it felt
good to do something with my body outside.  Haha.  They're
really not that special of trees, but they do look a lot better than
they used to!  (I wish I had taken a before and after shot!))

4.14.20
(I thought this was an after shot, but then that huge horizontal
limb on the plum tree that is growing along the ground ended
up breaking off!)

4.14.20
(so here is the true "after".  For now.)

4.15.20
(bubble and grow my little friend!)

4.15.20
(today was supposed to be STEM Day at school and I was supposed
to be teaching kids there how to extract DNA from split peas.
So we brought the STEM Day home and my kids were my pupils for
the morning)

4.15.20
(They did a great job, even if it was over their heads!
Also note: Sam said I should wear my DNA shirt
for the occasion, which I gladly did, and he insisted
on wearing this shirt "because it looks like DNA".
It actually is more STEM-like because of the solar
system connection? But I think the color scheme
matched my DNA shirt and that's what caught his eye.
At any rate, I thought it was cute he had a special outfit
picked out for the day!)

4.15.20

4.15.20
(my little DNA extractors!  They kept saying "we MADE DNA
today!"  haha!)

4.15.20
(then we kept the science stuff going with a little
video Megan shared with us about measuring
the speed of light using stale peeps
in your microwave.
We didn't have stale peeps but we did have some
marshmallows, and while our calculations were a
couple hundred million mph off of the true speed
of light, we at least got to salvage the marshmallows
in rice crispy treat form so it was not all a bust)

4.15.20
(he's reading my first favorite book!)

4.15.20
(the photography on this is just not good, but the sandwich
itself was amazing and must be recorded for posterity!)

4.15.20
(melted turkey, bacon, ranch, and cheddar - yum!)

4.15.20
(Grandma and Grandpa book club - they're reading
Billy Mink by Thornton Burgess together, taking
turns reading a page since we have a copy and they
have a copy.  So fun!)

4.15.20
(and a little chit chat after the storytime)

4.15.20
(Continuing on with the Sarah, Plain
and Tall Series.  I've been surprised how
much I like them all.  They've made perfect
puzzle-ing stories for us during quarantine.)

4.16.20
(This morning's rain gauge reading was our highest
yet!  Oh-so close to that 0.2 inches!)

4.16.20
(my baby is making pancakes for breakfast!)

4.16.20

4.16.20
(and my first sourdough bake is underway!  Can you guess
what I'm making?)

4.16.20
(waiting their turn for the griddle)

4.16.20
(after the first flip)

4.16.20
(and complete!  English muffins for the win!)

4.16.20
(just another scooter trip on the bike path
in the dreary weather - why do we always
end up getting rained or snowed on when
we do this?)

4.16.20
(I knew we were in for something but we scootered on anyway)

4.16.20
(a stop at the "hollow tree", naturally)

4.16.20

4.16.20
(that water line is creeping closer!)

4.17.20
(we decided to do a little social distancing socializing
and spread some birthday cheer (it was my dad's
birthday but we visited his parents first).  We decorated
their sidewalk with chalk, delivered some English muffins
and swapped books to read and had a good chat on the front
porch.  Much needed and enjoyed!)

4.17.20
(then we stopped at my brother Nate's house to
do the same, with the only difference being giving
them cookies and them giving us a dozen home-
grown eggs from their backyard chickens!
That's a trade if I ever saw one!)

4.17.20

4.17.20
(finally we met up with the birthday Grandpa
and had a fun picnic in his backyard in the sunshine.
The weather couldn't have been more perfect,
especially since the day before they had snow
covering their lawn!)

4.17.20
(so we didn't always keep to the 6 feet rule, but we did our best
and we stayed outside)

4.17.20
(last stop was a bit more chalking and visiting and cookie dropping
at Kylie's house in Hyrum.  All in all a fun tour of the valley
and so good to see people in person, if at a distance)

4.17.20
(dinner!  sourdough baking project number 2 check, check!
verdict: it was good, but I think I still like our usual recipe
best of all.)

4.17.20
(The last one!  We listened to this in
one sitting on our drive to Cache
Valley this morning.)

4.17.20
(I was taking some evening laps in the backyard
after the kids went to bed when I heard some
buzzing overhead and saw this (and another)
ultralight zipping around)

4.18.20
(continuing on with the social distance socializing, we had
Gregg's parents over for a campfire hot dog dinner in the backyard.
Also note our new and improved fire ring - Gregg took the bricks from
the inner wheel ring and stacked them up around the outside instead,
then stacked more rocks on top to make it wider and taller than
it was before.  It is so nice!)

4.19.20
(I got my Thanksgiving spread anyway, just
wasn't on Easter.  First time making gravy!  It was
spectacular!  haha)

4.19.20
(yep, I can get behind this tradition!  we even had a lesson in home
church about gratitude, which went along with King Benjamin's
sermon, but I think actually fits in really well for us during
coronavirus time.  Like I said at the top, we have a lot to be grateful
for, and focusing on those thankful feelings really helps me balance
out the worry and frustration and fear and uncertainty that we're facing.)

4.19.20
(we took a walk down to the lake for a little kite flying action.
the sky turned a lot stormier than we were expecting so we didn't
stay long in case we got caught in some rain.  but it was fun while
it lasted!)

4.19.20

4.19.20

4.19.20

4.19.20
(Sam got a turn!)

4.19.20

4.19.20

4.19.20
(moody sky on the walk back home)

4.19.20
(while the wind continued to blow and we saw a rainbow
on the mountain, we didn't actually get wet, so we made a pit
stop at the park on the way home for more kite flying.)

4.19.20

4.19.20
(you better believe I retold The Kite Story!)

4.19.29
(this is whipped evaporated milk.  I had no cream
for our crustless pumpkin pie cupcakes.  It worked!
But I don't know that I'll ever use it again.  It had the
consistency of melted vanilla ice cream, but didn't taste
as good.  And funnily enough, melted vanilla ice
cream was what Gregg suggested we use in the first place!)

4.20.20
(a perfect "bluebird morning" for riding our bikes
to the school to return Cal's library books)

4.20.20
(another one bites the dust!  This one of Vail Village was tricky
with small and oddly shaped pieces.  But we did it!)

4.21.20
(Callie has been wanting to learn cursive for a few months now.
I wanted to print off a sheet like this when our quarantine/home
school started, but our printer didn't work (like I thought) and since
the library was closed we were out of luck.  I finally thought to ask
a grandma for help, and Gregg's mom printed one off and dropped it
off one evening after the kids were in bed.  When Callie woke up in
the morning and saw it on the counter, she knew who had brought it
because of the fruit snacks that were sitting there, too!)

4.21.20
(this dry erase in a sheet protector trick is one we used in
kindergarten (and Sam has been testing out a bit as of late for his
normal letters) and works just as well for cursive, too!)

4.21.20
(Cal's school librarian made a fun video for all the
kids of her reading a book called Scribble Stones
and then inviting everyone to decorate a rock
and bring it to the school and they'll use it in a new
walkway for everyone to remember the homeschool
time with.  Sam isn't in school yet, but he painted one,
too, and we left them near the little free library at the
entrance to the school anyway)

4.21.20
(this was another project from her school-at-home slides.  the
students were supposed to come up with an invented ice cream
flavor, draw it, and write to their teachers answering a few questions
about what they invented, what their real favorite is and whether
or not they would share (this was to go along with Mo Willems's
book Should I Share My Ice Cream?))

4.21.20

4.21.20
(Sam even got in on the action with this assignment, too!
This might be the first non-train drawing I've ever seen
out of him! ;)

4.21.20
(a little backyard baseball with my boy - he can
whack the ball pretty far, but we haven't got a
home run (aka over the fence) yet!)

4.22.20
(Callie was SO excited for a class chat today - her teacher
taught them how to draw Donald Duck and she got to see and
hear from lots of her friends.  She even read a poem she wrote
about spring and shared her list of quarantine books she's been
reading)

4.22.20
(next up: a bag o' bugs.  I put this one out on the
table and turned over all the pieces and just left it.
The kids came to it by themselves and started piecing
things together.  And this one is extra hard because
it's not really a scene - just a bright blue background
with lots of beetles scattered about!  I'm impressed with
their progress.)

4.22.20
(dinner helpers - we had Cal's specialty: Football
Meatloaf!  And it was mighty yummy.)

4.23.20
(she finally lost her second tooth last night - and
"lost" is an accurate description!  She was twisting
it in the bathroom while she was getting ready for
bed when it flew out of her mouth and landed on
the floor in a corner near the tub (and under the
shower curtain). She let out a squeal of excitement/
anguish and came running to the kitchen saying
"I lost my tooth!  I mean it's LOST!"  We hunted
in the bathroom for a few minutes and Gregg actually
saw the tooth but didn't realize what it was at first,
when finally it was discovered and placed safely
under her pillow.  The tooth fairy brought her a dollar
and she and I folded it into a little elephant the next
morning!)

4.23.20
(it was a rather rainy day so we made "muffin tin lunch" (and
popcorn) and watched Frozen 2 on Disney+ for some lunchtime
fun)

4.23.20
(should I eat it or plant it?!)

bonus video!

4.23.20
(I just wanted a clip of Callie reading - she still does a great
job with expression, but it isn't really evident in this shot.  You do
get to see her cute little dance when she reads 
"carrots and potatoes, peas and tomatoes" though.)

4.23.20
(I met up with my friend Sariah for a "circle the wagons" chat
in the parking lot near Middle Inlet, but we ended up taking
a socially distanced walk along the bike path into Huntsville first.
We stopped at the sheep house to admire the itty bitty babies!)

4.23.20
(and the sunset wasn't half bad, either!)

4.23.20
(seriously, though!  I live here!)

4.23.20
(then we headed back to the cars and ended up talking for another
couple of hours - it was late when I got home and I was so chilled
from sitting in the wind that night (and possibly stressed about
whether our visit was breaking any "rules") that I ended up having
a panic attack.  I thought I was having a heart attack!  My
chest and back and arm were hurting, and I worried about causing
a ruckus by calling an ambulance or dying and causing a bigger
mess because I was too scared to call 911.  It was a crazy mind
cycle!  I kept waking Gregg up because I was shivering so bad
and going down the googling hole and freaking myself out. 
He finally told me at 1 am to take a warm
shower and see if anything was still bothering me.  Trust him to
think of a shower!  But it worked!  My body got warm, my mind
stopped racing, and I finally fell asleep.)

4.24.20
(hanging out in our new "nest" - the right half (that Callie is climbing
on) is (mostly) live plum tree while the left wall is newly
woven branches that we've cut off of other trees in my recent
attack on the backyard trees (see above 4.14.20 photos -
I blame quarantine boredom for that!)  Gregg had the idea
to turn the branches into a nest and I must say it was quite satisfying
to build!  The kids have made it into a little fort of sorts with the
salvaged lawn chairs we found in a heap near the little shack in the
yard.)

4.24.20
(a view from the other side - it's like a tunnel and
is tall enough for Gregg and I to walk through!)

4.24.20
(they're getting braver about going higher!)

4.24.20
(the "nest" side)

4.24.20

4.24.20
(we've made a habit of reading a chapter or two together on the
hammock after lunch - best part of the day!)

4.25.20
(he didn't love the fact that this puzzle was missing
two pieces OR the pattern, but we did finish!)

4.25.20
(and then we started and finished a new one in a Saturday morning
(before we even got dressed!)  (Callie took this picture - and wanted
me to tell you that!))

4.25.20
(one of our many fun events of this Saturday was little one-on-one
dates for each kid with each parent.  We started off with Cal and I
making the giant chocolate cookie while Sam and Gregg took a bike
ride, then we switched to make the snickerdoole with Sam while Cal
went riding.  So fun and so yum!)

4.25.20
(also: corona haircuts happening here!)

4.25.20
(so much shorter and ready for spring!)

4.25.20
(Sam's turn!)

4.25.20
(what a dashing young fellow)

4.26.20
(after home church on Sunday we took a long, long drive
over to Coalville and then on a back road called Chalk Creek
Road all the way to Evanston!  We came back on the freeway.
We were driving for around 4 hours just listening to Henry Huggins
on audiobook and enjoying the clouds!)

4.26.20
(we took a wrong turn on a dirt road and this was our "let's
stop here" spot)

4.26.20

4.26.20

4.26.20

4.26.20

4.27.20
(I hadn't been shopping since April 10th (over two weeks!) and
while we were doing really quite well with most things, we were
getting low on milk and bread.  So I took matters into my own hands
and mixed up some dry milk to make some bread.  This isn't my usual
Oatmeal Wheat Bread recipe (which is so delicious, but not my favorite
for sandwiches).  Instead, I went back to my 4-H roots to make "Staff of
Life" bread, the first bread I ever made way back in the day!  It took
WAY longer than I remembered/anticipated, but the result was totally
worth it!  Great sandwich bread and super yummy to boot!  I will be doing
this again, just planning my day better to accommodate all the rising!)

4.27.20
(I thought after waiting all day for it to get done that I had burned
it!  But it wasn't burned at all, just a lovely dark crust!)

4.27.20
(the kids were SO patient waiting for the bread to finish up
so we could go hang out at the beach (I told them we could
come back on Monday after seeing it so crowded over the weekend).
We finally made it down there, and met this large creature
stretched across the path!)

4.27.20
(it was rather windy and cloudy and even cold for
a while, but we mustered through and the kids
had a blast playing in the sand for a couple hours!)

4.27.20
(I couldn't wait for sandwiches to taste it!  Look
at that!  It was magnificent, if I do say so myself!)

4.28.20
(Sam has been practicing writing his letters
while Callie does her computer school)

4.28.20
(we got to ride over to the school to pick up Callie's
entries in the Expressions Art Show and were so
delighted and surprised to see she won a blue ribbon
on her essay, Plants)

4.28.20
(here's the essay - she first wrote this in the car
one day on a drive to Logan to visit my parents.
I had her rewrite it on a nicer piece of paper
and enter it into the contest.  I'm so thrilled she
tried and had a fun reward!)

4.28.20
(speaking of plants, we were inspired by Heather's
post about egg heads
and decided to give a sprouting
project a try.  We used wheat berries, which was kind
of fun!)

4.28.20
(friends!  Erin texted me suggesting we have
a social distance play date one afternoon for Charlie
and Sam - they brought a dry erase marker and stayed
outside and we grabbed our marker and stayed inside
and doodled back and forth for a while.  It was hard
to hear each other talking, so we ended up moving
to the living room so we could open a window and talk
through the screen.  How great it was to see them after
so long!)

4.28.20
(another day, another trip to the beach!  This time was much
sunnier and warmer . . . and more crowded, though it doesn't
look like it in this pic.)

4.28.20
(they cannot wait till summer! I told them we can swim
when it is in the 80s so wading to their knees (which became waists,
basically) would have to do for today.)

4.28.20
(the walk home from the lake was especially nice)

4.28.20
(the library called and said I could pick up my holds!  Best day
ever!  When I got there they told me I could just take the crate
home since I had so many books to bag haha.  I've been putting
things on hold for a month waiting for this day!  They checked
them out to me over the phone and then when I got to the library
I called and they brought them out and set them on a table.
Contactless library service!  I've been so blah about reading
lately, but I feel this will give me new umph!)

4.28.20
(after the kids were in bed but Gregg wasn't back
from playing his round of "post bedtime disc golf"
at the Wolf Creek Course, I looked out the window
and noticed the sky was turning pink.  I took a few
laps around the backyard to enjoy the sky.)

4.28.20

4.28.20
(I see the moon, the moon sees me. God bless
the moon, and God bless me.)

4.28.20
(it always surprises me when the sky is prettier to the east
than it is in the west during a sunset!)

4.28.20
(our little row of tulips with a few daffs scattered
in - still going strong!)

4.28.20

4.28.20
(the grand finale!)

4.29.20
(they begged to go to the beach again, but I wasn't
up for another day of dirt/sand, so I caved on my
80 degrees rule and let them set up our pool.)

4.29.20

4.29.20
(HA!  There is more kid than water in that tiny thing,
but I did order a new bigger one that is set to arrive
next week)

4.29.20
(I sat in the shade and read my new library book.
see what I did there? ;)

4.29.20
(and after dinner and bike rides we had ice cream cones!)

4.29.20

4.29.20

4.29.20
(our exotic looking fritillaria going strong!)

4.29.20
(doesn't it look like something Dr. Seuss would
draw?)

4.29.20

4.30.20
(happiness is homemade apricot jam (a Christmas
gift from a friend) on a toasted homemade English
muffin, eaten al fresco)

4.30.20
(we enjoyed learning about Louise Smith, one
of the first women NASCAR racers and the
inspiration for the car Louise Nash in the movie
Cars 3!)

4.30.20
(Cooper likes his towel I made him!)

4.30.20
(the kids and Gregg had a sleepover in the trailer Thursday night,
so I took advantage of some me time to take a nice, LONG walk
to the end of Stringtown Road and back)

4.30.20
(the bugs were thick along the sides of the road and they
totally ruined my scene!)

4.30.20

4.30.20

4.30.20
(not the best sunset pics, but it was a gorgeous, calm, warmish
cool evening, just me and Bill Nye and Alan Alda chatting about
science communication in my earbuds)

4.30.20

4.30.20

4.30.20

4.30.20
(I spy two hawks in a tree - the lower one was
watching me walk by on a powerline on the other
side of the road and after I passed flew over to this
tree right across from me!)

Thanks for tuning in to this round up of our life in quarantine mode this month!



Other Quarantine Low Downs:
March

Every other round up here (whew!):
2020: MarFeb | Jan
2019: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2018: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2017: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2016: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2015: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2014: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar Feb | Jan
2013: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June

No comments:

Post a Comment