Saturday, September 3, 2022

Photos from Phones - June 2022 Round Up

I was really trying to finish up June before August ended (let alone my big summer goal of catching up!), but alas I'm a few days shy of that goal. Oh well. Here we are with the odds and ends of June. Seems like not that long and forever ago at the same time!

6.1.22
(while Cal was birthday dating with gma and gpa B, Sam and I snagged
a hot and ready pizza and met up with our long-lost friends at the park in Clinton)

6.1.22
(we haven't seen Charlie forever, so he seemed SO grown up!)

6.3.22
(makin' (surprisingly realistic!) pepperoni from fruit roll ups for her birthday cake pizza)

6.3.22
("sauce" and "cheese" on first)

6.3.22
(and it's done! it looks legit! and it was all her idea and execution!
I only made the cake, which was actually not great to eat because I overbaked it and
it was like sawdust. boo.)

6.5.22
(Sunday smiles by the lilac bush)

6.5.22
(a fluffly nest we found in the yard)

6.5.22
(What a story! I knew the general gist of this adventure, and still I was blown away by the details. I kept thinking it wasn’t possible that they lived to tell the tale... but they did! This book reads like an action movie with wild swings in fortune and cliff hanger chapter endings, but they all really happened! Highly recommend!)

6.5.22
(Ah, memories . . . our friend Shauna (seen here with Heather and me in Boston
in 2006) found this while packing during a move and sent us a snap. We had such
a fun spring break trip seeing all the New England things and staying with my aunt
and uncle Nikie and Dennis. Nikie drove us everywhere! I still can't believe what a
generous host she was!)

6.6.22
(also seen in my Out There post for June . . . but I'll leave it here, too, because
it is sort of a milestone: we got a new bike rack and it fits four mountain bikes!)

6.7.22
(saying hi to Garfield the library cat)

6.7.22
(we had fun at the summer reading program kick off
presentation by SeaQuest Aquarium)

6.7.22
(it was a full house! everyone came for the sharks, which
the librarians had been hyping up for weeks, but turned out
to be really quite small and disappointing haha)

6.7.22
(crafts and games outside in the shade.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE MY LIBRARY)

6.7.22
(It’s that time of year again: reading in the hammock time! This was a quick, easy (not that the Blitz is an “easy” topic, but the writing was so smooth) WWII historical fiction. Lots of references to books and reading aloud that was delightful, of course. And I was even excited to see the reference to The Kitchen Front (not the book I read last summer, but the actual radio show that book was referencing! If you read and liked that one, I’m sure you’d enjoy this one, too). Also reminded me of A Place to Hang the Moon and The War That Saved My Life.)

6.8.22
(it was our turn for the super crazy loud drill thing to make holes
on our street as part of the new fiber optic cable project going in all
over the valley this summer)

6.10.22
(my first loss!! boo hoo hoo!
that streak was good while it lasted . . . and actually it was longer than that
due to the weird hiccup I had back when the switch to the times website happened.
I think it was actually 133!)

6.10.22
(I actually don't feel too bad losing on this word . . . it's a doozy)

6.10.22
(we met up with Swaze and Shenell to watch the Salt Lake Shred,
the semi-pro ultimate frisbee team. It was a great atmosphere and extra
fun to hang out with our old ultimate buddy, who still plays every week 
with some of the pro players we watched!)

6.10.22

6.10.22
(They had posters and markers inside the gate for people
to make signs. We were going to stay after and get them signed
by Swaze's friends, but it was getting late, so he took them home
and got them signed when he played city league with them that weekend
and then mailed them to the kids later.)

6.11.22
(not sure why I took a pic of this . . . but I'll
just leave it right here in case you want to send me any money ;)

6.11.22
(not sure why he's wrapped a bike lock around
his legs and is jumping across the deck . . . but I
just took a pic of it anyway and will leave it right here.)

6.11.22
(it's that time of year again . . . I love seeing the woad
stories pop up in the Ogden Valley News!)

6.11.22

6.13.22
(first day of soccer camp and it was cold and rainy!)

6.13.22
(I don't know which Melissa Sweet book this came from, but I loved it so I snapped a pic.)

6.14.22
(sunny for day 2! He's off on his bike to the park
for camp)

6.15.22
(nbd, just making pancakes for breakfast)

6.15.22
(We’ve had a lot more fun things pulling us away from our regular read aloud time, so this one took us a whole month to finish. But we did finish! I don’t think I’ve ever read this one. I mean, some of the stories are familiar but I think it’s because they’re woven into the Disney movie I grew up watching. And this is the one with Pooh-sticks, which I, of course, knew about and played, but hadn’t ever read. Anyway, better late than never. It’s a delight!)

6.15.22
(something is fishy with my wordle stats . . .
I haven't lost one since that fateful day 5 days ago, but it says
I've only played four more and my streak is only 1? Grrr . . .
I guess with the bot not being free anymore and these weird glitches
with my stats, it's helping me not take it too seriously anymore)

6.10.15
(just in case you had forgotten . . . this is what it was on the 10th.
things are not adding up quite right!)

6.15.22
(Cal's turn . . . 3rd day of soccer camp came around
before I got a pic snapped of her! she went in the afternoons and rode
over and back all by herself!)

6.15.22
(sure got a kick out of this letter from Grace.)

6.15.22
(Just some fun supplemental Winnie-the-Pooh reading. (I’ve just glanced through the cookbook and am only through the intro of Natural World, but both seem promising!) (update from September: I did
finish the natural world book, but never made anything from the cookbook)

6.16.22
(soccer camp awards ceremony for Sam!)

6.16.22
(and one for Callie, too!)

6.16.22
(since Cal had afternoon soccer camp, she didn't come to the stake primary
party at the church, but Sam did and he had a blast with the bubble machine and
water kickball)

6.16.22
(and they even had a shaved ice truck, which was a huge hit with all
the kids, of course)

6.17.22
(just a little car nap on the way to a wedding of our
friends-from-Colorado's daughter)

6.20.22
(it's never too early to stock up on funky oreo flavors
for the Elwood's oreo tasting event at our reunion!)

6.20.22
(yay! rain!)

6.20.22
(yay! strawberry jam!)

6.20.22
(yay! book bundle prize from the library's adult summer
reading raffle!)

6.21.22
(we went to Cache Valley to picnic and play with my cousins and their kids.
Of course we had to make a little stop at Aggie Ice Cream!
Here are Cal and Sam with Eamon and Ember, my cousin Ladd's kids
from Arizona who were in town visiting my grandparents.)

6.21.22
(Eilidh, Ember, Grandma, Grandpa, Cal, Zoe, Eamon, Sam)

6.26.22
(Happy Father's Day (no one will know we took
this pic a week late!)

6.26.22

6.27.22
(not sure who made this or took the pics, but
it's here for posterity!)

6.27.22

6.27.22

6.27.22

6.29.22
(This was an unexpected surprise and delight. I checked it out because I was on a huge Melissa Sweet kick, but I kept it and read it because it was fascinating and entertaining (and because the art is by Melissa Sweet and she is a genius!). Each chapter is a short glimpse into someone who was obsessed with language or books or words in unusual ways. You get the the stories of where OK came from, the smallest printed book, totally invented languages, novels written without the letter E, stories translated into nonsense words that sound like the real words... seriously clever and mind boggling tricks in here! A lot of fun.)

6.29.22

6.29.22
(yes, I still have an old dumb phone which makes wordle patterns look
like this.)


Every other round up here (whew!):
2022: MayApr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2021: Dec | Nov | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2020: Dec | Nov | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar Quar + Mar | Feb | Jan
2019: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2018: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2017: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2016: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2015: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan
2014: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June | May | Apr | Mar Feb | Jan
2013: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sept | Aug | July | June

No comments:

Post a Comment